AEM EV Vehicle Control Units (VCUs) are the missing link for high-performance EV street-conversion motorsports applications. They allow the calibrator to create customized torque management strategies applicable to a wide range of EV systems and component combinations. They integrate EV systems and unify the tuning experience providing motorsports- and conversion-ready features presented in a high feature, modern and customizable interface. Be In Control with AEM EV.
AEM EV's VCU200 is built on OEM hardware and features OEM quality strategies. Combined, these provide the highest level of reliability, and more importantly, safety for both the programmer and end-user.
The VCU200 in default configuration can manage a single inverter/motor system, communicate with four independent CAN bus networks, and it can be used on direct-drive and indirect-drive EV setups. Multiple motor control systems may be possible depending on the application (contact [email protected]). Please refer to the Supported Applications Tab for supported Motors, Inverters, Battery Management Systems (BMS) and other EV devices.
Primary functions of the AEM VCU200 include:
- Input characterization including accelerator pedal, brake switch, PRND switches and other driver/vehicle inputs
- Redundancy and arbitration features for all safety-critical inputs
- Startup and shutdown sequencing of high voltage components, including independent contactor control
- CAN message translation for BMS, inverter, PDUs, and other CAN accessories
- Motor torque management dependent on vehicle operating states and other driver-selectable modes
- Closed-loop motor speed regulation for indirect drive transmission applications
- Dynamic torque limits that maximize safety and optimize performance
- Accessory control of cooling pumps, cooling fans, lights and more
- Diagnostics and fault detection including CAN message timeouts, thermal limits, contactor, and inverter enable cross-checks
- Stock: In Stock
- Reward Points: 200
- Model: VCU200 Programmable Electric Vehicle Control Unit